[ 1:26:13 | 39.5 MB | download here ]
In episode 8 of the Atlantic City and Casino Biz Podcast, Kyle and Craig discuss:
- The “intervention” bill (state takeover) progresses…
- Bart Blatstein named developer of the Garden Pier;
- New Jersey sets rules for skill-based gaming;
- Tropicana’s getting a weird new Ivan Kane nightclub, with “dispassionate” dancers;
- Trip Report!
- Gambled a lot at Caesars and Bally’s even though we said we weren’t going to;
- Tried the Bally’s Boardwalk Bar so you don’t have to;
- Didn’t love Tropicana;
- Did love Resorts (and Royal Hunt video poker);
- Roulette is terrible;
- Royal flushes are not;
In the news:
- Newark Star-Ledger’s editorial board has some hot takery for Don Guardian;
- NPR Fresh Air episode: “Going For Broke: Atlantic City Falls On Hard Times”;
- The New York Times: ‘A Crisis Every Day’ for the Mayor Trying to Rescue Atlantic City;
- Read the whole intervention bill here, if you must.
- Revel and Showboat: still closed.
Like the podcast? Think there’s something we should discuss? Let us know in the comments, reach out to us on Twitter, or email us at email@example.com.
P.S. the cocktail in question is the Trifecta at The Continental.
P.P.S. I’m just gonna leave this here…